Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
Today’s topic is books with colors in the titles.
It seems like an easy topic, but it required surprisingly more effort than I expected to come up with 10, and I wound up picking a few that are on my TBR.
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer — I really enjoyed this YA sci-fi retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. It’s book 2 in a series of fairy tale retellings, and I’m really interested in seeing where the series goes.
- Dark and Deepest Red by Anna-Marie McLemore — This is another interesting combination of a retelling of The Red Shoes, plus interpreting the dancing plague of 1518. And there’s an LGBTQ romance!
- Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert — I absolutely love this book. It’s like everything Talia Hibbert writes is just … gold.
- Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert — okay, can I shout any louder about this series? Just read it already!
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard — This is the first book in a fantasy/dystopian series that I absolutely loved. It was such a cool and unique concept.
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison — While this book wasn’t an easy read, it was deep and well worth the time to read. I flew through it, and it was an incredibly meaningful look at the messages we get from society and how it influences our own self-perception. It’s also a little scary to see how little has changed over time.
- The Black Kids by Christina Hammonds Reed — I recently read this ARC, which actually is released TODAY, and it’s amazing! If you haven’t read it, you really should check it out.
- Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse — I got this as an ARC and have really been looking forward to starting it.
- The Silvered Serpents by Roshani Chokshi — This is another ARC that I am super excited about reading. It’s the follow-up to The Gilded Wolves, which I absolutely loved.
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon — I have this book on my shelf, and I’ve been meaning to read it for months. I swear I’m going to get around to it sooner or later (hopefully sooner).
What are some books you love that have colors in the titles?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday