Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
This week’s topic is books that should be adapted into Netflix shows or movies, and it comes from Nushu @ Not a Prima Donna Girl.
It’s a brilliant topic idea, and I’ve actually read a bunch of books that would be perfect for this! So without further ado, I present my top ten list!
- The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas — I would absolutely love to see this as a series. Could you just imagine how amazing this show would be?
- With the Fire On High by Elizabeth Acevedo — just reading about Emoni’s recipes made me hungry! I would love to watch her cook and live her life on my TV!
- The A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas — I don’t know if you love this series as much as I do, but I can only imagine how amazing this could be if it was a show or a movie series.
- The Winternight Trilogy by Katherine Arden — if you’ve read this series, you’ll definitely know what I’m talking about. I’d love to see these books brought to life, especially if it’s done well and sticks closely to the books.
- The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty — the world building was incredible, as was the story, and while I’ve only read the first book, I think this would be one of those books that transitions incredibly well into a show/movie.
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake — even though I’m only one book into the series, it seems like this would be such an awesome show. The characters, the dark fantasy aspect, and the political maneuvering would definitely make me want to binge watch.
- The Caraval series by Stephanie Garber — when I read, I love picturing the world and the story in my head. Between the outfits and the magic, I think everything would translate so well onto the screen.
- Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert — I would love to see Chloe and Red’s romance play out as a movie! I literally can’t get enough of this book.
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir — I’ve only read two of the books, but I think this could be so cool to watch. I love the way everything goes down in the series so far, and I’d be interested to see how it would work on screen.
- The Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard — I absolutely love this book series, and I would adore it if it was a movie series! The magical abilities would probably be just awesome to see, and the action would make it great if it was done really well.
What books do you think would be great as movie or TV adaptations?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday