I don’t know what it’s currently like where you live, but we are having a heat wave where I am. While I’m grateful that it isn’t as hot as some other places, it’s plenty hot right now. Even in the air conditioning, it’s uncomfortably hot, and I am unwilling to leave the house for any reason. It doesn’t help that I’ve become fairly heat intolerant lately, so while the actual temperature is in the 90s, it feels a lot hotter to me.
After reading a book that was set in a cold climate, it took my mind off the hot weather for a bit. So I decided to come up with a list of 10 books that can help distract us from the hot weather until things cool off a bit. Here’s some that I thought of:
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
- These Feathered Flames by Alexandra Overy
- The Children’s Blizzard by Melanie Benjamin
- The Shining by Stephen King
- Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Silvered Serpents by Roshani Chokshi
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- The Revolution of Marina M by Janet Fitch
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas
What are some books that make you think of winter and the cold? I think a lot of us can use it right about now!
Categories: Bookish Posts