Are you interested in having your book reviewed on Leah’s Books? Have a look and see if your book might be a good fit.
- I always provide my honest opinion of books that I’ve reviewed.
- I always make it clearly noted if I am reviewing a book that is an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) or a book that has been provided to me for free in exchange for a review.
- Not all books are a good fit for every reader. I reserve the right to stop reading (DNF) a book at any time if I am not enjoying it. If I have read a significant portion, I may provide a star rating, and outline why I did not finish reading.
Genres that I read:
- This is my first choice of genres. I tend to read more YA fantasy, but also read some adult fantasy as well. Favorite authors include: Leigh Bardugo, Jennifer Estep, Sarah J. Maas, Holly Black, Victoria Aveyard, and Margaret Rogerson.
- Historical Fiction
- I enjoy well-written and researched historical fiction pertaining to a wide range of time periods and settings, although I prefer to steer clear of WWII era books. Some of my favorite authors include: Diana Gabaldon, Amor Towles, Jean M. Auel, Yaa Gyasi, and Madeline Miller.
- I’ve always enjoyed mysteries, especially those involving law enforcement or psychological elements. Authors I particularly enjoy are: Helen S. Fields, Karin Slaughter, and Stiegg Larsson.
- I’m very selective about the romance I’ll read, so it must have a good plot and interesting characters in addition to the romantic aspect. My favorite authors are: Talia Hibbert, Gina L. Maxwell, and Hannah Murray.
- Diverse books
- I love learning about different cultures and identities, and have found that reading books from perspectives unlike my own often gives me a new understanding that I may not have been able to access otherwise.
- Other Fiction
- I do read books that don’t fall into other categories, and I consider that to be other fiction.
- I am open to reading books from other genres. Sci-fi or dystopian literature falls into this group, as I will read these selectively from time to time.
- Regarding age range, I read YA, NA, or adult. I do not read Middle Grade or children’s books, except on very rare occasions.
Genres that are not a good fit for me:
- I have never enjoyed horror books, shows, or movies. I find it difficult to enjoy the genre, and it prevents me from sleeping.
- Part of what I love about books is the escape from reality. When I read, I read fiction.
- Books about politics
- I prefer to keep my blog free of politics, and do not find reading about politics (even in fiction) to be enjoyable.
- True Crime
- This one comes a bit too close to non-fiction for me. While I enjoy mysteries and thrillers from time to time, I don’t find reading about the suffering of real people to be entertaining.
Where I post reviews:
- My blog
- The Storygraph
If you are interesting in having me review your book, please send me an email including a synopsis of your book, and we can discuss if it is a good fit.