Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
This week’s topic is the last 10 books I abandoned, and the idea came from Claire @ Book Lovers Pizza.
When I abandon a book, it’s either because I’ve started reading it and just didn’t finish, or decided to take it off my TBR for some reason. So here’s my list of books that didn’t make the cut.
- Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi — this one was a DNF. I really liked the first book, but this one didn’t really hold my interest.
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco — another DNF. The writing was absolutely beautiful, but I just couldn’t get into the story.
- The Complete Folk and Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm — it was just so boring, and the stories were very short with abrupt endings.
- Will by Will Self — this was a long, rambling, hot mess of a “memoir” in which the author managed to portray himself as quite possibly one of the most unlikable people I’ve ever read about. The offensive statements and discussion of physically abusing his pet dog were the final straw for me.
- Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer — it came off my TBR after finishing New Moon, as soon as I realized that I didn’t really like Bella and she didn’t have any depth at all.
- Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer — this one came off my list too, for the same reason as above.
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee — this one sounded interesting when I put it on my TBR, but I’ve kind of lost interest in reading it.
- Magyk by Angie Sage — I didn’t realize that this book was MG when I added it to my TBR, and that isn’t really my jam, so it’s been abandoned.
- The Initiation by L.J. Smith — I have no idea why I added this one to my TBR, but when I was cleaning up my list, it didn’t make the cut.
- Fire and Blood by George R.R. Martin — I’m all about ASOIAF, and have been waiting forever for The Winds of Winter to be released. (No, seriously. It’s been 9 years and there’s still no release date set). So when I saw this, I had added it to my TBR, until I realized that it is written in history book format. Like a history text. So that’s definitely off my list.
What are some books that you abandoned?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday