Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
This week’s topic is books for my younger self, but it’s very close to a previous post about books I wish I had read as a child, so I decided to talk about the 10 upcoming September 2020 releases that I’m most looking forward to. Goodreads links are included for each book.
- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi – release date September 8. I loved her debut book, Homegoing, and I’m definitely ready to check out her newest book. It sounds amazing, and like the kind of book that is going to stick with me long after I finish reading.
- The Bone Shard Daughter by Andrea Cole (The Drowning Empire #1) – release date September 8. I love the idea of the magic system and it sounds like an intriguing story.
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn (Legendborn #1) – release date September 15. I’ve heard some great things about this book and I am really excited about getting to read this one.
- When No One is Watching by Alyssa Stewart – release date September 15. For me, nothing says cooler months like mystery thrillers. I’ve heard some really positive feedback about this book and fall is the perfect time to read this one!
- How It All Blew Up by Arvin Ahmadi – release date September 22. I got to read a snippet of this book and I was hooked. I was lucky enough to win a copy of it in a contest, so I don’t have to wait until the 22nd to read it.
- Miss Meteor by Tehlor Kay Mejia and Anna-Marie McLemore – release date September 22. An awesome book by two amazing authors? Sign me up! I was heartbroken when I got denied for an ARC, but fortunately, I won’t have to wait long to get my hands on a copy.
- The Left-Handed Booksellers of London by Garth Nix – release date September 22. I’ve been wanting to read a Garth Nix book for a long time, and one that involves magic, Merlin, and all kinds of coolness is a book that I just can’t resist.
- The Silvered Serpents by Roshani Chokshi (The Gilded Wolves #2) – release date September 22. Another book that I am lucky enough to have a copy of before release! I loved The Gilded Wolves (see review here) and I have been waiting to read this because I do this weird thing where I push off reading books that I’m super hyped about because I’m …. just weird and don’t want to read it and then miss the world and characters too much? Anyone else?
- A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik (Scholomance #1) – release date September 29. I want this one so bad it almost hurts! I have read another book by Naomi Novik and enjoyed it so much, and the idea of the story just sounds so intriguing that I can’t resist.
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig – release date September 29. I’ve heard some good things about this book, and the summary sounds really interesting. It’s one of those books that just makes me think and wonder about all the possibilities out there … it seems like the kind of book that’s going to stick with me.
What about you guys? What books are coming out in September that you’re super excited about?