Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
This week’s prompt is about characters that I would name a pet after. The topic was submitted by Nushu @ Not A Prima Donna Girl.
- If I ever got a horse, I’d have to name him Solovey because he was such a great horse! (Taken from The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden)
- I wouldn’t ever get an actual wolf as a pet, but if I did, I’d have to name him Sevro. That could work as a name for a dog, too. (Taken from Red Rising by Pierce Brown)
- I love punny names, so I adore the idea of the name Chairman Meow for a cat. (Taken from City of Bones by Cassandra Clare)
- Queenie would be the perfect name for a super-posh little dog, preferably a Corgi. (Taken from Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams)
- Shade would be the perfect name for a dark gray pet, most likely a cat. (Taken from the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard)
- Rhys would be a good name for a dog that is sweet at home and not so friendly to people outside of the immediate family, you know what I mean? (Taken from the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas)
- Kya would be a good name for a sweet but shy dog. (Taken from Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens)
- Dani Brown or Chloe Brown would be perfect for a brown dog or cat, since I love giving pets people names. Bonus points if there’s two of them from the same litter! (Taken from The Brown Sisters series by Talia Hibbert)
- Zoya would be the perfect name for a standoffish cat. If she was a Persian cat, I’d have to go with the full name, and call her Zoya Nazyalensky. (Taken from the Grishaverse books by Leigh Bardugo)
What do you think? What would you pick?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday