Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
This week’s prompt is a Thanksgiving freebie! It’s been a super difficult year for all of us, and keeping my focus on the things that I’m grateful for is one way that I try my best to stay positive. So for this week’s top ten list, I’m going to discuss the things that I’m most grateful for within the bookish community!
- Obviously the first thing that I’m most thankful for is BOOKS! I have found that reading is the best way to distract myself from all the stress, boredom, and worries that have come up this year. It offers endless worlds to escape into!
- I’m grateful for NetGalley, too. I love having access to ARCs, and there’s such an awesome selection. Even though I don’t get all the books that I want, I do get a bunch and I’m super glad for that.
- I’ve connected with some truly incredible bloggers this year, and I have really enjoyed getting to know them. They’ve inspired me to read more books and get outside of my comfort zone, and allow me to discuss books that we’ve read! Who doesn’t love that?
- I have developed actual friendships just through connecting with other bloggers. One in particular has become a friend that I text on a regular basis, and I honestly don’t know what I’d do without her!
- I rely on the library for my books, and I am so fortunate to have a library that is around the block from my house. In addition, they also rock at getting interlibrary loans and new releases. I’m so, so grateful for my local library.
- I love book twitter. I know there’s a lot of drama at times, but I have also found a lot of support and encouragement. I can’t even count how many books I’ve added to my TBR just because of people from book twitter raving about them.
- I love browsing bookstagram! The pictures are so pretty and inspire me to *try* to step my game up, even though I’m really nowhere close to as creative as some of the people are on there!
- I’ve really tried to focus on challenging myself to try new things, and I’m grateful to be able to stay open-minded. I’ve started to read audiobooks this year, and even started reading different genres as well. The people who I’ve connected with also function as a support system, encouraging me to try new things and continue challenging myself!
- Connecting with authors is another perk of being on social media. I’ve managed to get to know some of the coolest authors through Twitter and Instagram, and they’re surprisingly friendly and approachable!
What are some things that you’re grateful for this year?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday