Is it just me, or did March fly by? Even so, I managed to get more reading done than I did in February, and a lot of it was really good. I’m also getting more comfortable writing reviews for audiobooks, even though it still doesn’t come as easy as writing reviews for printed books for me.
Spring has sprung in my little corner of the world, and the weather has been absolutely gorgeous. It feels really good to be able to go out in just a t-shirt, instead of having to bundle up in layers after the long, cold, and snowy winter that we had.
This year I vowed to focus on my goals for the year. So here we go:
- I’ve gained some more new followers on my blog, bringing me to a grand total of 317.
- I have consistently been hitting my water goal on most days.
- Most of my blog posts were scheduled in advance, although I fell behind on a few days. I did manage to post every single day this month!
- I read 7 ARCs, but I keep getting more approved, so I haven’t managed to get my ratio up over 80%. I plan to continue working on that next month.
- As far as diversifying my reading: I only read 2 YA books in March, the rest were adult, and I’ve been reading a lot less fantasy. Romance turned out to be the genre I read the most books in. Out of the 24 books I read this month, 7 had an LGBTQ+ character (could be better, but I’ve been consistently more inclusive), 17 had a BIPOC character, and almost half (10) were written by BIPOC authors.
Here’s my breakdown of monthly/cumulative totals for March:
- Books read: 24
- Books DNF’d: 1
- Pages read: 5,818
- Hours listened: 115 hours, 32 minutes, 19 seconds
- Average pages: 387.9
- Average hours listened: 12 hours, 50 minutes, 15 seconds
- Days per book: 3.01
- Pages read per day: 198.51
- Books read per month: 23.33
- DNF’d books per month: 1
Genres Read in March:
- Biography/Memoir: 2
- Fantasy: 4
- Folklore/Fairytales: 1
- General Fiction: 2
- Graphic Novel: 1
- Historical Fiction: 2
- History/War: 1
- Mystery/Suspense: 3
- Romance/Erotica: 7
- Travel/Food: 1
Backlist vs. New Releases
- Backlist books: 14
- 2021 releases: 10
Fiction Vs. Non-Fiction
- Fiction: 20
- Nonfiction: 4
- Print: 11
- Digital: 4
- Audio: 9
- Adult: 22
- YA: 2
My favorite books of the month were The Kingdom of Copper, Act Your Age, Eve Brown, and The Unhoneymooners.
Here’s what I read in March:
- The Kingdom of Copper by S.A. Chakraborty (The Daevabad Trilogy #2)
- Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert (The Brown Sisters #3) ARC
- Punch Me Up To the Gods by Brian Broome ARC
- Four Hundred Souls: A Community History of African America, 1619-2019 edited by Ibram X. Kendi and Keisha N. Blain
- The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
- Vegetable Simple: A Cookbook by Eric Ripert and Nigel Parry ARC
- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang (The Kiss Quotient #1)
- Speak: The Graphic Novel by Laurie Halse Anderson and Emily Carroll
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi
- Malice by Heather Walter ARC
- The Ex Talk by Rachel Lynn Solomon
- Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi (The Star-Touched Queen #1)
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- The Slaughterman’s Daughter by Yaniv Iczkovits
- The Empire of Gold by S.A. Chakraborty (The Daevabad Trilogy #3)
- Anchored Hearts by Priscilla Oliveras (Keys to Love #2) ARC
- False Value by Ben Aaronovitch (Rivers of London #8)
- Fatal Fried Rice by Vivien Chien (A Noodle Shop Mystery #7) ARC
- Island Affair by Priscilla Oliveras (Keys to Love #1)
- Are We There Yet? by Kathleen West ARC
- An Offer From a Gentleman by Julia Quinn (Bridgerton #3)
- The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd
How did your March reading go?
Categories: Monthly Wrap Up