Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
I know binge watching a show is a thing, but for people like me (and probably you, if you’re reading this blog), binge reading is absolutely a thing as well. I happen to be a fast reader, but there are some books that just suck me in so deeply that I can’t put them down and do anything until I finish reading them. This week’s TTT prompt is books that I read in one sitting, or would have if I had the time. Unfortunately, my life doesn’t always allow me to just sit and read a book uninterrupted until I have finished it, as much as I would love for it to be that way, especially when I’m reading a really good one. So here’s a list of books that I’ve actually read in a single sitting, or would have if I had the uninterrupted time:
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo — the lyrical book-in-verse writing style and gripping story had me finishing this entire book in one sitting.
- The Hunger by Alma Katsu — I read this book in as close to a single sitting as possible, since it was terrifying!
- Today Tonight Tomorrow by Rachel Lynn Solomon — this was a fast read, and I loved every minute of it.
- Golden Son by Pierce Brown — have you ever read a book where it’s hard to get anything else done while you’re in the middle of it? That’s this one. It was a bit long for a one-sitting read, but if I had the time to read it straight through, I absolutely would have.
- Maus: A Survivor’s Tale by Art Spiegelman — the graphic novel format made this easy to manage in a single sitting, even though the subject matter was a tough one.
- Rebel Daughter by Lori Banov Kaufmann — I couldn’t put this book down, wondering what happened next.
- You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen — this story had me on the edge of my seat, and I couldn’t stop reading!
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren — this was such a cute, fluffy story that I couldn’t put it down, and read it in a single day.
- A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas — for such a long book, I would have read this in a single sitting, but life kept getting in the way. Also, I was torn between wanting to read it as quickly as possible and savoring every single word.
- Gravemaidens by Kelly Coon — this debut was an awesome book that I couldn’t put down and flew through in one (long) sitting.
What about you? What are books that you have (or would have) read in a single sitting?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday