Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
Sometimes reading a really amazing book can be a bittersweet experience. Do you know what I’m talking about? Like, that feeling of “Wow, what an amazing book,” paired with “Damn, I’m never going to be able to read it for the first time ever again?” Because I definitely get that feeling after reading some books, especially if it has an especially memorable twist. Here are some book that I wish I could read again for the first time:
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco — I loved everything about this, but the twist was just so memorable that I’ll never be able to read it and get completely surprised ever again.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo — reading about the crew just getting together would be amazing! I would love to get reacquainted with all the characters again.
- The Light of the Midnight Stars by Rena Rossner — this was such an incredible story, and it was really the first time that I’ve seen Judaism depicted in fantasy, at least in a positive light. I wish that I could reread this and experience that wonder for the first time.
- The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen — the twist in this book absolutely blew my mind. I wouldn’t mind experiencing it again for the first time.
- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang — I mean, the end-end of a romance is pretty predictable, but I would love to be able to read Stella and Michael’s journey for the first time again.
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng — rereading this for the first time would let me get to know what’s happening behind the scenes in this small, perfect-seeming town where so many people have secrets (which I can’t forget about now that I already know them).
- The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang — what I wouldn’t give to be able to reread this for the first time and just have all the same feelings of wonder, anticipation, and even a little dread, knowing that this isn’t going to be the happiest book.
- Jade City by Fonda Lee — this is one of the coolest and most unique fantasy series that I’ve read recently, and I would love to read the series with fresh eyes that have no idea what is going to happen.
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown — as the start to a sci-fi series that has completely captured my attention (and my heart), this is definitely one that I’d pick to reread for the first time. To experience Darrow’s change again and step into this world for the first time would be amazing.
- Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko — what would be better than reading such a great story over again for the first time? Because this is definitely one of those that I’d love to do that with.
What about you? What are some books you wish you could read again for the first time?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday