Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
What book lover doesn’t spend at least some of their their time daydreaming about their fictional crushes? I know I do! Also, because I tend to read a lot of fantasy, I think that characters in books are giving me unrealistic expectations. I’m starting to think I’m never going to find a shapeshifting magician-prince with the power to read minds and fly. Life is so unfair.
- Nikolai Lantsov from King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo — okay, so he’s adorable, a prince, an inventor, brave, loyal … his positive qualities go on and on, and far outweigh the demon inside him.
- Rhysand from the ACOTAR series by Sarah J. Maas — I wasn’t so sure about him in the first book, but he really grew on me in later books. He’s definitely the stuff of dreams.
- Michael Phan from The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang — he’s gorgeous, smart, sensitive, and understanding. Plus, he values his family above everything. What’s not to like?
- Jane from One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston — she’s basically the epitome of awesomeness with swoopy hair. How could I pass that up?
- Rabbi Ethan from The Intimacy Experiment by Rosie Danan — sexy rabbi? SIGN ME UP!
- Zafir from Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert — I loved everything about this man. The book practically had me drooling!
- Darrow from the Red Rising series by Pierce Brown — he’s such a brilliant and brave character, always working towards achieving a cause. His idealism makes him so attractive.
- Gus from Beach Read by Emily Henry — that broody, handsome writer thing really works for me. I wouldn’t mind snagging a guy like Gus.
- Lucas in the Crown of Shards series — he was talented, smart, sweet, and super attractive. There’s no way I could turn that down!
- Nathaniel in Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson — a sorcerer with a dark past, secrets, a biting sense of sarcasm, who just so happens to be handsome? I would be drawn like a magnet to someone like that.
Who are some of your fictional crushes?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday