Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
Do you ever get so attached to characters in a book or series that you wonder what happened to them afterwards? Or is that just me? I decided to go with standalone books or completed series, since I’ll probably get the chance to get updates in future books of ongoing series. Here’s some characters that I wonder about …
- Jude from The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. And Cardan. And Vivi and Oak. Okay, so I got attached to a lot of the characters. Sue me.
- I was so not ready to let go of the characters from These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong. Even if the series was completely satisfying, I loved the characters and their world so much and I just want more.
- Aelin and Rowan from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. Come on, like you didn’t want to know how things go for them after things calm down?
- Amir from How It All Blew Up by Arvin Ahmadi. I want to see Amir do good in life, and always wonder how his life works out once the dust settles.
- August and Jane from One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston. What happens to these two after the end of this book? I always wonder about that, and I kind of feel like seeing Jane adjust to life after a major time jump would be so intriguing.
- All the characters from Jade Legacy by Fonda Lee. I know that the last book in the series hasn’t even officially come out, but after reading an ARC and being completely in love with how she ended it, I still want to know what happens in their lives going forwards. The series took place over two generations, and I feel like I’ve gotten to know the characters so well, and it’s killing me to feel like I won’t get to see them anymore.
- Ellerie and Whitaker from Small Favors by Erin A. Craig. I loved this book and wonder what happened to these two, and the younger Downing siblings too.
- Miryem from Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik. How did her life turn out? This occasionally pops into my mind, and makes me wonder.
- The Riva siblings from Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid. I fell in love with this story, and always wondered how things worked out for them.
- Queenie from Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams. I stuck out her tough, painful, and sometimes awkwardly funny journey, and only want the best for this strong woman. Hopefully, her life ended up amazing, but I would have loved to see her future.
What are some characters you’d like an update on?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday