Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
This week’s topic is bookish merchandise I’d love to own, but I’m not really the kind of person who craves bookish merch—the money I do have to spare typically goes towards actual books. However, since I had an OwlCrate subscription for a while, I can talk about some of my favorite merch that I already own:
- A teabag rest. I’m not sure that is the actual name of it, but I still love whatever it is.
- Candles. I have one that smells fabulous, and while I’ve burned half of it, I’ve been saving the rest.
- Mugs. I love my mug collection, and these are just so pretty!
- A tumbler. I got this awesome tumbler, and it’s even better because it has a little plastic top.
- Reusable straws. These are one of the things I’ve gotten that I use ALL. THE. TIME.
- Skull spoons. This set of spoons is super cute!
- Pencils. I don’t use pencils often, but when I do, I reach for these.
- Socks. Can you ever really have enough socks? For me, the answer is always no, especially when these feature Crooked Kingdom.
- A Six of Crows print. This one was specially made for me, since the item that was included in the original box featured a quote from Jay Kristoff’s super antisemitic book, and after writing multiple times to the company without response, I turned to social media and the creator offered a custom piece.
- A fuzzy throw. This super cozy blanket features Edgar Allen Poe’s The Raven in it’s entirety, even though my dog has fully claimed it as her own.
What are some of your favorite items of bookish merchandise?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday