Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
It’s been a long time since I was in school (or had anything to do with school, but book banning seems to be increasing, especially in schools. So I want to talk about some banned books that I’ve read, and I think are really important.
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison.
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson.
- All Boys Aren’t Blue by George M. Johnson.
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi.
- Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank.
- Maus by Art Spiegelman.
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende.
What are some banned books that you love and think others should read?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday