Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
This week’s prompt is about my non-bookish hobbies. I post a lot about the books I read, but I figure that it’s time for you guys to get to know who I am outside of books. So here are my top ten hobbies outside of reading:
- I absolutely love cooking. And feeding people, but I lump that right in with cooking. Baking isn’t really my strong point, but I happen to be pretty good at cooking, and I create my own healthy recipes.
- I am a total dog person. I have a bunch of dogs that I treat like my babies (mostly because they are, and I don’t actually plan on having any two-legged children). I also love other people’s dogs.
- Crocheting is another hobby of mine. I enjoy making gifts for people, and I feel like creating handmade items for my family and friends gives it a personalized touch that I can’t quite duplicate by purchasing a present at a store.
- I have loved swimming since I was a little kid, and I go swimming any time I can. Unfortunately, I don’t have a pool of my own, so I don’t get to swim as often as I like.
- Making lists. It may sound weird, but I love making lists. It makes me feel like I am getting organized, and checking things off my list gives me a sense of accomplishment.
- Learning is another thing I love to do. When I was little, if I asked my mom questions, she’d tell me to look it up. This was way back in the olden days before the internet (haha, but seriously). Now, it’s become a habit of mine, so when I come across something I don’t know, I look it up. However, I use the internet, which makes information much easier.
- I love to travel. Unfortunately, I don’t get to do it nearly as much as I would like to, and not at all with the pandemic. Ultimately, I’d like to travel to many more places, both within the US and around the world, but every little bit counts!
- Listening to music. What better feeling is there than rocking out to some good music? OK, well there are better feelings, but music ranks high up on the list. Going to concerts is another favorite.
- Spending time with friends and family. I have some really awesome family members that can make me laugh and know me better than anyone in the world. My friends are the most incredible people in the world, and I consider them the family that I get to choose.
- Helping others. I specifically chose to go into a helping profession, as a mental health counselor. There’s something that makes me feel really good about doing something nice for others, and I think that helping other people, especially those who are most in need of support and help, is probably the best thing that I can do.
What are some things that you like to do other than reading?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday