Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
This week’s prompt is about resolutions and hopes for 2021, whether they are bookish or not. Since I already did a Fae Friday post about my reading goals (which you can see here), I figured that I could clarify it a bit in this post.
- Drink more water. I actually don’t drink soda at all, and I rarely drink coffee, but I know that I don’t drink as much water as I should. So I plan to make water drinking more of a priority in 2021. It’s good for me, and I feel better when I’m properly hydrated.
- I am aiming to read at least 200 books this year. I read well over 200 books last year, so I may have to adjust this goal a little higher, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. For now, 20 seems like a good number.
- I want to read more books by diverse authors. I started doing this in 2020, and I plan to continue. I love learning about different cultures and life experiences, and I’ve always found that the best way to get insight into this is going straight to the source, and reading a book written by someone who is from that background.
- I plan to broaden my horizons as well. I have a tendency to read mostly fantasy, and I want to branch out. So I’m making a concerted effort to read other genres. Romance, sci-fi, historical fiction, mystery, thrillers, sci-fi, and classics are all books that I want to get more exposure to.
- While I have a tendency to read mainly YA books, I plan to read more books for other age groups as well. So I’m hoping to read more adult and middle grade books this year.
- Finally, I want to get more organized when it comes to posting on my blog. Ideally, I’d like to plan posts in advance, rather than scrambling the day before to ensure that I have a post ready.
So that’s it – I tried to keep a short and reasonable list of resolutions for this year. I also hope that 2021 brings us a little more normalcy and less stress!
What are your resolutions/hopes for 2021?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday