February was a short month but it felt like it went by in the blink of an eye! I was super busy, so I didn’t get to read as much as I’d like. We got a ton of snow, so I was stuck in the house more than usual, and got a bit of cabin fever, even though there wasn’t anywhere I’d normally be going. I think it’s just the fact of knowing that I *couldn’t* go anywhere.
This year I want to focus on my goals for the year. So here we go:
- I gained 15 new followers on my blog!
- I stuck with my goal of drinking more water, and hit my water goal most days.
- I definitely didn’t meet my goal of scheduling posts, and fell behind on that goal. But I’m working hard to do better in March.
- Almost a third of the books I read were ARCs, but because I seem to have a raging addiction to NetGalley, I naturally got approved for a bunch more and my ratio is still under 80%.
- As for diversifying my reading, I think I did a good job this month. Only 25% of my reading was YA books, less than half was fantasy, more than half had an LGBTQ+ character, almost 70% had a BIPOC character, and almost 40% was written by a BIPOC author (better than last month, but still needs work).
Here’s my breakdown of monthly/cumulative totals for February:
- Books read: 16
- Books DNF’d: 1
- Pages read: 4,491
- Hours listened: 44 hours, 49 minutes, 50 seconds
- Average pages: 408.3
- Average hours listened: 8 hours, 57 minutes, 58 seconds
- Days per book: 2.98
- Pages read per day: 191.11
- Books read per month: 23
- DNF’d books per month: 1
Genres Read in February:
- Fantasy: 7
- Mystery/Suspense: 4
- Romance/Erotica: 4
- Travel/Food: 1
Backlist vs. New Releases
- Backlist books: 8
- 2021 releases: 8
Fiction Vs. Non-Fiction
- Fiction: 15
- Nonfiction: 1
- Print: 5
- Digital: 6
- Audio: 5
- Adult: 12
- YA: 4
My favorite books of the month were The Midnight Library, Rent a Boyfriend, and A Court of Silver Flames.
Here’s what I read in February:
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- The Everything Easy Vegan Cookbook: 200 Quick and Easy Recipes for a Healthy, Plant-Based Diet by Adams Media ARC
- Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory (The Wedding Date #4)
- Rent a Boyfriend by Gloria Chao
- Jade War by Fonda Lee (The Green Bone Saga #2)
- A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas (A Court of Thorns and Roses #4)
- Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko (Raybearer #1)
- The Shadow Man by Helen Fields ARC
- Pyotra and the Wolf by Elna Holst ARC
- Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop by Darci Hannah (A Beacon Bakeshop Mystery #1) ARC
- The Girl in Cell 49B by Dorian Box (Emily Calby #2)
- Roman and Jewel by Dana L. Davis
- All the Tides of Fate by Adalyn Grace (All the Stars and Teeth #2) ARC
- They All Fall Down by Rachel Howzell Hall
- Miracles and Menorahs by Stacey Agdern (Friendships and Festivals #1)
- Vasilisa by Julie Mathison (Old Rus #1) ARC
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3.5)
How was your February reading?
Categories: Monthly Wrap Up