Fae Friday is an awesome new weekly post created by Kristy at Caffeinated Fae. I’m super excited to participate in this (and to have been an avid supporter of it from the beginning)! A topic is provided each week, and Kristy is so welcoming to ideas from others. If you have any ideas for topics, reach out to her through her blog or on Twitter (@caffeinatedfae).
Here’s the rules:
- Link back to this page on Caffeinated Fae.
- If the prompt idea comes from another blog, link to that blog as well.
- Use #FaeFriday when posting to social media so we can all find each other!
- Participate when you can and have fun with the prompt!
It’s #FaeFriday and time to answer this week’s prompt! What are some of your favorite female characters?
Are these prompts getting more difficult to answer, or is it just me? Because I seriously have so many favorite female characters that it’s hard to choose just a few. But I will try my best to narrow the list down.
- Zofia from The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi —Zofia was such a cool character. She was tough and smart, but also vulnerable and loyal. From caring for her family and being responsible for them, facing antisemitism, and struggling with being neurodiverse in the last 19th century, she never let any of this hold her back from being absolutely incredible and a vital part of the team.
- Aelin Galathynius from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas — I dare you to read this series and not admire her. She’s full of swagger, but has the brains, connections, and assassin skills to back it up. Plus, she’s tough as nails.
- Jude Duarte from the Folk of the Air series by Holly Black — I clearly have a thing for vicious female characters, because Jude is quite vicious. But, she kind of has to be because she lives as a human in Faerie, where it’s extremely dangerous to be human. I adore her.
- Nahri from The Daevabad Trilogy by S.A. Chakraborty — While I’ve only read the first two books so far, Nahri definitely stands out as my favorite character. She’s street smart and talented, and knows how to get by. I am looking forward to the next book and I’m really rooting for her!
- Laia from the An Ember in the Ashes series by Sabaa Tahir — Laia is one of the best female characters in the series. She’s not just smart, she’s wise beyond her years. And she’s pretty badass when it really comes down to it.
- All of the Brown sisters in The Brown Sisters series by Talia Hibbert — I really tried to pick just one, but I quickly realized that it is impossible to choose one sister over another. Chloe, Dani, and Eve each have their own characteristics that make them incredibly lovable and easy to identify with.
Who are your favorite female characters?
Categories: Fae Friday
Great list! I love Laia and Nahri!
Thanks! They’re such great characters.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yeees the Brown sisters! Yeeees Aelin and Jude! I still have to read the other books you mentioned but I’m looking forward to meeting those characters 😍 Great list, Leah!
Thanks Dini! I just know you’re going to love them as much as I do, because … book twins 👯♀️