Fae Friday is an awesome new weekly post created by Kristy at Caffeinated Fae. I’m super excited to participate in this (and to have been an avid supporter of it from the beginning)! A topic is provided each week, and Kristy is so welcoming to ideas from others. If you have any ideas for topics, reach out to her through her blog or on Twitter (@caffeinatedfae).
Here’s the rules:
- Link back to this page on Caffeinated Fae.
- If the prompt idea comes from another blog, link to that blog as well.
- Use #FaeFriday when posting to social media so we can all find each other!
- Participate when you can and have fun with the prompt!
The lovely Kristy let me pick the topic for this week, and I’ve been wanting to highlight some of my favorite authors who are of Asian descent. With the recent uptick in racist acts towards the Asian community, we wanted to show some love. What are some of your favorite authors in the Asian community? #StopAsianHate
These are some of my favorite authors of Asian descent, and I think that encouraging people to buy and read their books can be a great way to show support. Without further ado, here are some immensely talented and incredible authors that you should check out (if you haven’t already):
- Alka Joshi is an author that is new to me, but I absolutely loved her book The Henna Artist. Her writing is beautiful and moving, and I’m eagerly anticipating her next book.
- Roshani Chokshi definitely had to make it onto this list. Her creativity and beautiful writing style had me hooked form the first book I read, and I’m a fan for life.
- Fonda Lee is the genius behind The Green Bone saga, and I absolutely cannot wait for the third book to come out. She has this incredible way of building a realistic and detailed world, as well as characters that feel so real that I couldn’t help but empathize with them.
- R.F. Kuang also earned a spot on this list with The Poppy War series. That series dragged me through hell and back, and I just wanted more. Her awesome talent at weaving historical fact with compelling fantasy is like nothing I’ve ever read before.
- Chloe Gong has a special place in my heart with her debut, These Violent Delights. I loved the way she managed to make one of the most well-known stories, Romeo and Juliet, feel fresh and new and interesting.
- Hafsah Faizal is such an awesome talent in the fantasy world. I absolutely adored We Hunt the Flame, and can’t wait to dive right into the second book of this duology!
- Sabaa Tahir is another one of my favorites, with her series, An Ember in the Ashes. I fell in love with the main characters and loved the way the entire story unfolded.
- Elizabeth Lim was such a creative wonder with Spin the Dawn, which combines a gorgeously done retelling with characters I absolutely fell in love with. I have the second book on my shelf waiting to be read, and I am so looking forward to it.
What are some authors of Asian descent that you love? Have I missed any?
Categories: Fae Friday