I’ve really missed doing Friday Favorites, and since no one was currently hosting it, Cait @ Functionally Fictional decided to jump into the gap. Each week, she provides a prompt, and I get to talk about my favorite books that fit the topic. Feel free to join in – the more the merrier!
This week’s prompt is funny books, and while I read a lot of serious, dark, and twisty fantasy and thrillers, I also have a lighter side that I like to indulge with rom-coms and the occasional fantasy that incorporates humor that makes me bust out laughing. So in no particular order, here are some of my favorite books that I found funny:
- The Life and Crimes of Hoodie Rosen by Isaac Blum. While it’s a book that tackles pretty serious issues, there were some really funny moments in it that made me laugh.
- Half a Soul by Olivia Atwater. This book was so cute and sweet and hilarious that I just had to include it on the list.
- The Undertaking of Hart and Mercy by Megan Bannen. It’s a rom-com with fantasy elements and while it’s hard to explain, it’s so cute and I couldn’t help but laugh at quite a few parts.
- Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston. How could I leave this adorable rom-com off of the list? The witty banter had me cracking up throughout the book.
- Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert. While all of the Brown Sisters books are funny, this one was my favorite by far.
- Nettle and Bone by T. Kingfisher. This is one of the first times that I encountered humor in fantasy, and I absolutely loved it.
- Honey and Spice by Bolu Babalola. I fell in love with the story, and the witty banter and podcast clips were absolutely hilarious.
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren. This book uses some of my favorite tropes, and I loved the enemies to lovers vibe as well as the trademark Christina Lauren humor in the story.
What are some of your favorite humorous books?
Categories: Friday Favorites