I’ve really missed doing Friday Favorites, and since no one was currently hosting it, Cait @ Functionally Fictional decided to jump into the gap. Each week, she provides a prompt, and I get to talk about my favorite books that fit the topic. Feel free to join in – the more the merrier!
This week’s prompt is comfort characters, but instead I want to talk about some of my favorite reads of 2022. It was a great year for books, and there were so many incredible ones to choose from. I had a really tough time narrowing down my picks to just a few, but somehow managed to limit myself to just a few books each month. Here’s my favorite reads for each month:
- January: The Pomegranate by S.J. Schwaidelson
- February: House of Sky and Breath by Sarah J. Maas
- March: This Rebel Heart by Katherine Locke
- April: Siren Queen by Nghi Vo
- May: The Stardust Thief by Chelsea Abdullah and Little Thieves by Margaret Owen
- June: Nothing But the Truth by Holly James, The Jasmine Throne by Tasha Suri, and The Change by Kirsten Miller
- July: Babel by R.F. Kuang, Self-Made Boys by Anna-Marie McLemore, and The Undertaking of Hart and Mercy by Megan Bannen
- August: The Life and Crimes of Hoodie Rosen by Isaac Blum
- September: When We Make It by Elisabet Velasquez and The Witch and the Tsar by Olesya Salnikova Gilmore
- October: When the Angels Left the Old Country by Sacha Lamb and In the Shadow Garden by Liz Parker
- November: The Golden Enclaves by Naomi Novik and The Rage of Dragons by Evan Winter
- December: Finlay Donovan is Killing It by Elle Cosimano and The Bladed Faith by David Dalglish
What were some of your favorite reads of 2022?
Categories: Friday Favorites