I love doing book tags, and I searched the internet until I found this fun one about reading habits.
Today’s post was found on Jenniely’s blog, and was originally created by TheBookJazz.
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I tend to read in bed, since that’s the most comfortable spot for me. I’ll still read anywhere else though too.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I have some seriously gorgeous bookmarks, but I nearly always wind up using junk mail.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/a certain amount of pages?
I prefer to stop at the end of a chapter, but if it’s right before bed, I stop when I start falling asleep.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I sure do! I nearly always have my water nearby, sometimes a cup of tea, and I have the terrible habit of reading during meals.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
I can listen to music while reading, as long as it’s fairly relaxing, but I prefer to read without music or TV.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
I can read multiple books at a time as long as they’re in different genres. I usually tend to read a hard copy book and an e-book.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Why limit myself to just reading at home? I read everywhere I go!
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Reading silently, of course. The only time I’ve read out loud is when I was forced to in school, for holidays, and when I’m reading a book to a kid.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
Are you kidding? I don’t even like to read reviews before I start a book, in case there are spoilers included!
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Definitely keeping it like new whenever it’s humanly possible. My used books are a different story — some have been read so many times they’re literally falling apart, which breaks my book-loving heart.
11. Do you write in your books?
Not since I finished grad school. It goes along with my priority of keeping books like new. Although, I’d love to get a book for a friend and write notes in it for them to find.
1. When do you find yourself reading?
Every chance I get, especially when I’m reading a book that holds my attention.
2. What is your best setting to read in?
Anywhere that is comfortable, and most often surrounded by my chihuahuas.
3. What do you do first — read or watch?
I generally read first.
4. What form do you prefer? Audiobook, e-book, or physical book?
I definitely prefer physical books, although reading an e-book is great if I’m going somewhere or want to read without turning on the lights. I can’t do audiobooks, since I have such a hard time processing information relayed out loud.
5. Do you have a unique habit when you read?
I generally use my (junk mail) placeholder to keep my eyes focused on the line I’m reading. It doesn’t hurt that it helps me to read faster. I wrote a post with tips to read faster, which you can find here.
6. Do book series have to match?
HAVE TO? No, but I’d prefer if they did. I currently have 3 Harry Potter books, none of them match, and I find it super frustrating.
I had so much fun with this tag, that I’m tagging:
- Leah @ One More Chapter Book Blog
- Kristy @ Caffeinated Fae
- Soph @ Book, Blog, and Candle
- Simone @ Leafing Through Time
- Shaz @ Shaz Reads
- Dini @ DiniPandaReads
Also anyone and everyone who wants to join in!
Categories: Book Tags