Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
This week’s topic is questions I would ask my favorite authors.
I haven’t really thought much about interviewing authors, since I’ve always focused more on reading than anything else. But I guess if I ever got the chance to interview any of my favorite authors, I’d want to ask them questions like:
- Where do you get inspiration for your stories?
- Are your characters completely made up, or do they incorporate elements of people you actually know?
- Did you REALLY have to kill off [insert whichever character death broke my heart}?
- Which character are you the most like?
- If you could live in any one of the worlds you’ve created, which one would it be, and why?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What do you do to fill your time when you’re not writing?
- Background noise when writing – yea or nay? If yes, what kind?
- Is your mind really as dark and twisty as some of the darker elements in your books lead me to think?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
So there’s my list! What would you ask your favorite authors?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday