We made it through 2020, and it’s a fresh new year! I’m hopeful that 2021 is going to be better to us, and we can have a happy, healthy, and safe year.
I still want to keep up with the trend of highlighting positive things each month, so here’s my positives for December:
- I hit 220 followers on my blog, and I’m seriously grateful for every last one of you.
- Two of the books I read for the BBNYA made it to the top 3, and one was the winner!
- I read a bunch of really awesome books.
- I decided to try and branch out by reading different genres a bit more this year.
- I didn’t DNF any books!
Here’s my breakdown of monthly/cumulative totals for December:
- Books read: 26
- Books DNF’d: NONE!
- Pages read: 9,789
- Average pages: 315.77
- Books read: 278
- DNFs: 7
- Number of pages read: 103,110
- Hours listened: 119:24:40
- Days per book: 2.36
- Pages read per day: 281.72
- Books read per month: 23.17
- DNF’d books per month: 0.58
Genres Read in December
- Fantasy: 10
- General Fiction: 2
- Historical Fiction: 3
- Mystery/Suspense: 2
- Paranormal/New Age: 1
- Romance/Erotica: 3
- Sci-Fi: 1
- Travel/Food: 4
Genres Read in 2020
- Biography/Memoir: 2
- Books About Books: 1
- Fantasy: 122
- Folklore/Fairy Tales: 8
- General Fiction: 28
- Graphic Novels: 3
- Historical Fiction: 40
- History/War: 1
- Horror: 3
- Mystery/Suspense: 10
- Paranormal/New Age: 2
- Play/Theater: 1
- Poetry: 1
- Romance/Erotica: 18
- Science/Nature: 1
- Sci-Fi: 31
- Self-Help/Inspiration: 1
- Social Science/Current Affairs: 1
- Travel/Food: 4
Backlist vs. New Releases
- Backlist books: 182
- 2020 releases: 96
- 2021 releases: 4
Fiction Vs. Non-Fiction
- Fiction: 265
- Nonfiction: 13
- Print: 151
- Digital: 114
- Audio: 13
- Adult: 121
- YA: 153
- Middle Grade: 3
- Children: 1
My favorite books of the month were The Henna Wars by Adiba Jaigirdar and The Burning God by R.F. Kuang.
Here’s what I read in December, with links to my reviews:
- Masked Desires by Gina L. Maxwell
- The Plant-Based Slow Cooker by Robin Robertson ARC
- The Henna Wars by Adiba Jaigirdar
- The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang (The Poppy War #2)
- The Drowning Faith by R.F. Kuang (The Poppy War #2.5)
- The Burning God by R.F. Kuang (The Poppy War #3)
- Iron Gold by Pierce Brown (The Red Rising Saga #4)
- How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories by Holly Black (The Folk of the Air #3.5)
- The Assignment by Liza Wiemer
- The First Holidays by Cait Marie ARC
- Jade City by Fonda Lee (The Green Bone Saga #1)
- The Silent Wife by Karin Slaughter (Will Trent #10)
- War Lord by Bernard Cornwell (The Saxon Stories #13)
- The Meat-Free Kitchen by Jenn Sebestyen, Kelli Foster, and Joni Marie Newman ARC
- Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater (Wolves of Mercy Falls #3.5)
- Plant-Based Cookbook: 100 Delicious Recipes for a Healthy Life by Melissa Petitto ARC
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus (One of Us is Lying #1)
- The Ultimate Guide to the Witch’s Wheel of the Year by Anjou Kiernan ARC
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare The Dark Artifices #1)
- The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett (Kingsbridge #1)
- The Archive of the Forgotten by A.J. Hackwith (Hell’s Library #2)
- Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare (The Dark Artifices #2)
- A Burning by Megha Majumdar
- Woven in Moonlight by Isabel Ibañez (Woven in Moonlight #1)
- Epic Air Fryer Plant-Powered Cookbook by Emily Paster ARC
- A Time for Swords by Matthew Harffy ARC
How did your December reading go? What were your positives for the month?
Categories: Monthly Wrap Up
Wow great month and year! I read Ready Player One and finished A Storm of Swords and listened to Of Mice of Men. Hope 2021 is just as great for you!
I’ve heard good things about Ready Player One, and I loved A Storm of Swords!
It looks like you had an amazing December and 2020 in terms of reading! Congrats on 220 followers, Leah! And thanks so much for sharing all your different rated books, I’m planning to read Jade City so I’m thrilled its among your five stars!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! I hope you love Jade City as much as I did!
LikeLiked by 1 person