Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
I’m the kind of bookworm who will read anywhere and at any time. But, I must admit that I do have some favorite reading spots. Since I only have 5 current favorite reading spots that I could think of, I’m going to talk about 5 places I would also love to read. So here we go!
- My bed. It’s comfortable, everything is easily in reach, my chihuahuas cuddle with me, and generally people don’t bother me.
- The couch. My couch is set up right by a window, so it’s got plenty of natural light and it’s super comfortable.
- The library. There are big, cozy, comfortable chairs at the library and I love to just curl up in one of them and read.
- Outside. I’m not a summer person, but there’s something I love about fall days with a little nip in the air. Give me a sweater, a pumpkin spice latte, and a good book and I’m set.
- In the car. I love listening to an audiobook when I’m driving. It keeps my mind occupied and helps me not get stressed, especially if there’s traffic.
- A cabin. I would absolutely love to be in a cabin next to a fire, with some books, a warm drink, and a cozy blanket.
- On a tropical beach. Preferably in a hammock, with some nice ocean breezes and a tropical drink to go with a beachy romance.
- A balcony or porch. I don’t have one of these, but I always wish I did, because there’s something that seems so appealing about reading while outside (without actually having to leave my house).
- In a bathtub. I would love to just set up some candles and lounge around in a bubble bath with a great book. Unfortunately, my current lodgings don’t really allow for this, but maybe someday I’ll be able to do this …
- In a public park. On a nice day, it could be a good idea to head over to a pretty park and claim a bench (or a spot on the grass) and read my book. Although I may be tempted to people watch if it’s crowded.
Where do you like to read?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday