Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday prompt is a freebie, so I want to talk about authors who are on my auto-buy list. These are authors who I enjoy so much that as soon as a book comes out, I automatically get it, no matter what. I don’t even have to look at the blurb to want it, because I’ve enjoyed everything else that they’ve written so far. Here are some of my auto-buy authors:
- Talia Hibbert — after reading The Brown Sisters series, I already know that I’m going to love whatever she writes.
- Karin Slaughter — I’ve loved every single book that she’s written, and I have no doubt that I’m going to keep loving them.
- Gina L. Maxwell — she singlehandedly changed my opinion on romance and opened up a whole new genre to me. So yeah, she definitely earned her spot on this list.
- Maggie Stiefvater — I’ve read two of her series and just can’t stop reading them. I love how she writes.
- Sarah J. Maas — this is another author I’ve just loved since I started reading her books, so it’s a no-brainer for me.
- Leigh Bardugo — her books consistently blow me away, so of course she’s on my list.
- Kerri Maniscalco — the way she writes and the stories just capture my attention to the point where I can’t resist her books.
- Rena Rossner — her books speak to me on such a deep level that I can’t resist them.
- Alka Joshi — the beautiful writing and stories transport me to a completely different place and I don’t even want to try to resist.
- Pierce Brown — although I’m not typically a lover of sci-fi, these books had me hooked from the first one.
Who are some auto-buy authors for you?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday