I’ve really missed doing Friday Favorites, and since no one was currently hosting it, Cait @ Functionally Fictional decided to jump into the gap. Each week, she provides a prompt, and I get to talk about my favorite books that fit the topic. Feel free to join in – the more the merrier!
We’ve all read books with characters who have the coolest jobs. Here’s some I’m jealous of and would love to have:
- Magical healer — I’d love to be able to just concentrate my energy and heal people. You know, like a medwitch.
- Art gallery curator — ok, I just want to be like Bryce Quinlan. Although minus the threat of Jesiba.
- Librarian of grimoires — come on, who wouldn’t love to be in charge of monitoring magical tomes all day? Plus, the library is my happy place.
- High Lady of the Night Court — plus it comes with a residence in Velaris. Do I need to say anything more?
- Assassin — this has got to be an awesome job, if only I wasn’t so averse to … murder. But Celaena Sardothien makes it look good.
- Forensic anthropologist — I took some anthropology and osteology (study of bones) classes in college, so being the next Temperance Brennan sounds like an awesome job.
- Magical soldier — although I’m not sure I’d truly enjoy living in the world of The Poppy War, I wouldn’t mind being a soldier with magical powers.
- Pirate — as if this didn’t cross your mind too. Admit it.
- Hell’s Librarian — sign me up for this job. Hanging out in a library and repairing books, wrestling escaped characters? Life goals.
- Scholar — if only I could get paid to sit and do research all day long a la Diana Bishop.
What are some fictional jobs you’d like?
Categories: Friday Favorites