I’ve really missed doing Friday Favorites, and since no one was currently hosting it, Cait @ Functionally Fictional decided to jump into the gap. Each week, she provides a prompt, and I get to talk about my favorite books that fit the topic. Feel free to join in – the more the merrier!
Main characters can make or break a book. There are so many amazing books with favorite main characters to choose from, so this one is going to be a tough list to make. Here goes:
- Bryce Quinlan and Hunt Athalar from the Crescent City series by Sarah J. Maas. I love these two, separately and together.
- Enne Salta from The Shadow Game series by Amanda Foody. Her character goes through so much and she changes a lot in the first two books. I’m super excited to read the last one.
- Kenna Rowan from Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover. I fell in love with this character, and only wanted the best for her.
- Batsheva Hagiz from The Pomegranate by S.J. Schwaidelson. She’s an incredible character, going through countless tragedies, but never giving up on hope and using her wits and charm to get by.
- Diana Bishop from A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. Diana is such an incredible character, and I couldn’t help but fall in love with her. She’s brilliant, tough, and level-headed. What’s not to like?
- Yael from The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman. I loved reading about her character, and she was so intriguing in a story that had already captivated me.
- Nina Zenik from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. She’s curvy, talented, and has an unending love for waffles. Definitely one of my favorite characters in the series.
- Morrigan Crow from the Nevermoor series by Jessica Townsend. This kid undergoes massive changes as she transitions into a magical world and just takes everything in stride, with a great sense of humor.
- Claire Beauchamp Randall Fraser from the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I love her no-nonsense outlook, her skills as a doctor, and her open-minded outlook. She made the series for me (along with Jamie, of course).
- Kaul Shaelinsan from the Green Bone Saga by Fonda Lee. There were so many great characters in the story, but Shae was one of my faves (right up there with Anden). She’s the only girl in a family of warriors, and obviously she’s a competitive warrior as well. But she’s also got a brilliant mind and an awesome heart.
Who are some of your favorite main characters?
Categories: Friday Favorites