I’ve really missed doing Friday Favorites, and since no one was currently hosting it, Cait @ Functionally Fictional decided to jump into the gap. Each week, she provides a prompt, and I get to talk about my favorite books that fit the topic. Feel free to join in – the more the merrier!
Romantic comedies are one of my favorite sub-genres of romance. I love a good romance that makes me laugh, and here’s some of my recent favorites:
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren — this enemies to lovers romance makes use of fake dating after a fiasco at a wedding, and I found it hilarious!
- The Ex Hex by Erin Sterling — another enemies to lovers, but with a paranormal twist and plenty of humor.
- Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert — while all of the books in this series are funny, I just kept finding myself busting out laughing when reading this one.
- Thank You for Listening by Julia Whelan — even though it touches on some serious topics, it was also super funny and romantic and just the perfect read.
- Delilah Green Doesn’t Care by Ashley Herring Blake — I honestly wasn’t expecting this one to be as funny as it was, but it was one of my favorite reads in a long time.
- Half a Soul by Olivia Atwater — this Regency-rom-com-fantasy mashup was so sweet and funny and creative and I have officially fallen in love with a book.
- Witch Please by Ann Aguirre — another adorable paranormal rom-com that was hilariously funny and super sweet all at once.
- The Dating Plan by Sara Desai — this was such a fun story with adorably quirky characters who had very different personalities, which made for hilarious interactions.
- Catastrophe Queen by Emma Hart — I couldn’t stop laughing when reading this one about an accident-prone woman who accidentally falls for her put-together boss.
What are some of your favorite rom-coms so that I can add them to my TBR?
Categories: Friday Favorites