Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
This week’s topic was supposed to be favorite bookstores or bookstores I’d love to visit, but since I try not to buy too many books, I tend to avoid bookstores. It’s kind of like not going to a bar if you’re not going to drink. So instead, I want to talk about series that I’ve started reading but haven’t finished yet. Usually because I’m too busy reading ARCs or working my way through the books I already have checked out from the library, but hopefully I’ll be able to get to these soon.
- The Anna series by Kendare Blake. I only read the first book in this duology, but plan to read the second book soon.
- The Raybearer series by Jordan Ifueko. Again, I haven’t read the second book yet, and I loved the first book so much.
- The Gentleman Bastard series by Scott Lynch. It isn’t finished yet, but I’ve only read the first two books and they’re really good.
- The Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell. So far I’ve read 6 books out of the 25 that are published (and counting), so I’ve still got a ways to go.
- The Temperance Brennan series by Kathy Reichs. Another long series, I’ve read 5 out of the 21 published books and find them so interesting.
- The Beasts of Prey series by Ayana Gray. The first book was so good, I can’t wait to read the sequel!
- These Hollow Vows by Lexi Ryan. I’m super excited for this sequel.
- The What If It’s Us series by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera. I loved the first book so much and can’t wait to dive into the second.
- The Nsibidi Scripts by Nnedi Okorafor. I was blown away by how good this book was, and can’t wait to read more of the series!
- The Graceling Realm series by Kristin Cashore. I adore this series, and even though the books don’t fully overlap, I enjoy each of them and can’t wait to read more.
What are some series that you want to read more of?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday