I’ve really missed doing Friday Favorites, and since no one was currently hosting it, Cait @ Functionally Fictional decided to jump into the gap. Each week, she provides a prompt, and I get to talk about my favorite books that fit the topic. Feel free to join in – the more the merrier!
This week’s prompt is my favorite books to recommend to others, but this is a tough one for me. I try to tailor my recommendations based on what kind of genre people like, so here’s my favorite books to recommend by genre:
- Fantasy: Jade City by Fonda Lee or One Dark Window by Rachel Gillig.
- Historical Fiction: The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell or The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman.
- Horror: Dead Water by C.A. Fletcher or The Weight of Blood by Tiffany D. Jackson.
- Memoir: Beautiful Country by Qian Julie Wang or Night by Elie Wiesel.
- Mystery: Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop by Darci Hannah if you like cozy mysteries, Perfect Remains by Helen Fields if you like your mysteries on the creepier side.
- Romance: you can’t go wrong with any of Gina L. Maxwell’s books, or the Brown Sisters books by Talia Hibbert.
- Science Fiction: Red Rising by Pierce Brown or basically any book by Blake Crouch.
What are some of your go-to recommendations?
Categories: Friday Favorites