I’ve really missed doing Friday Favorites, and since no one was currently hosting it, Cait @ Functionally Fictional decided to jump into the gap. Each week, she provides a prompt, and I get to talk about my favorite books that fit the topic. Feel free to join in – the more the merrier!
This week’s prompt is covers that feel like spring, and I have to say that it’s absurdly fitting since the weather certainly has been feeling like spring and even summer here in New York. It was in the low 80s here yesterday, which was a little too warm for my taste.
But back to the topic, this is already a tough one for me, since I tend to read a lot of darker material in the genres of fantasy and mystery/thrillers. So instead, I’m going to focus on some of my favorite books that have bright or pastel colored covers, since those are usually the colors that I associate the most with spring. Here they are in no particular order:
- Wahala by Nikki May
- The Dream Builders by Oindrila Mukherjee
- Planning Perfect by Haley Neil
- The Undertaking of Hart and Mercy by Megan Bannen
- When You Wish Upon a Lantern by Gloria Chao
- Maame by Jessica George
- You Are My Sunshine by Sean Dietrich
- Never Ever Getting Back Together by Sophie Gonzales
- The Hanging Tree by Ben Aaronovitch
- When We Make It by Elisabet Velasquez
What book covers make you think of spring?
Categories: Friday Favorites
Leave a Reply