I have a serious love for tags, especially if they’re bookish ones. Like, so serious that I’ve decided that Thursdays will now be Tag Thursdays. And you may have noticed that I already posted a book blitz this morning, but I’m still doing a tag this afternoon. Because this one was too fun to pass up!
While I didn’t technically get tagged to do this one, Kristy at Caffeinated Fae (who happens to be one of my very favorite bloggers) brought this adorable (and appropriately festive) tag to my attention. After checking it out, I couldn’t wait for Thursday to arrive so I could post my answers. There’s a clean list at the bottom that you can copy and paste, because I’d love to see more people join in the fun. So with no further ado, here’s the Bookish Naughty or Nice tag!
- Tag & link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link back to the original post by Jenn
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag 10 people to join in!
Even if you weren’t tagged by anyone, just join in! I wasn’t tagged by anyone, but since I have an irrational love of bookish tags, I’m always game to participate.
Bookish Naughty or Nice Tag
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it✔
I tried, but one book I got was just so offensive, I had to DNF it at 40%. I didn’t feel like I could give a review when I didn’t finish a book.
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on NetGalley ✔
Damn, I’m at 56%. I was at 80% for like a second, and as soon as I acknowledged that, I got an avalanche of approvals, and my current rating is at a dismal 56%.. *sigh*
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
Ha! I’m actually really good about writing reviews on the blog first and then posting them to Goodreads.
4. Folded down the page of a book
I haven’t done this in YEARS. I was using junk mail, but my nephew just sent me a couple of really awesome bookmarks as a Chanukah gift.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book
I’m in the clear on this. I haven’t spilled anything on a book this year. Whew!
6. DNF a book this year ✔
I hate having to DNF a book, and stress about it. I always try to give every book my best effort, especially when I’m reviewing it. But I DNF’d a couple of books this year, one from the library that I just couldn’t get into at all, and one review book that was super offensive.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
I’m on such a fixed budget this year that I haven’t bought any books. I don’t even let myself walk into a bookstore!
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) ✔
Absolutely. While I don’t have homework, I’ve been known to read instead of doing chores, sleep, or basically do anything else that I’m supposed to be doing.
9. Skim read a book ✔
Yup. If a book isn’t capturing my attention, and I just have to get through it, I will definitely skim read. Especially if it’s really heavy on unnecessary details … as in pages and pages of describing the landscape which isn’t relevant to the actual plot.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal
Nope. I’ve actually had to increase my Goodreads goal a few times!
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library
Nope. Thank goodness for the library website, which allows me to renew the loans. Although the books I’ve taken out have been really good and I’ve read through them in days for the most part.
12. Broke a book buying ban
Nope. Limited space and finances makes it easier to avoid buying books. My local library is amazing at getting current books, and I’ve been blessed with access to ARCs as well. So I don’t really feel like I’m missing out on much (thank goodness)!
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about ✔
Guilty as charged. Although ages isn’t exactly the term I’d use – weeks is more like it. I’m just glad that I take really good notes while reading.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading
I haven’t done this since I was in college. Since I’ve been doing a lot of reading on my Kindle, I have the ability to make electronic notes, which is pretty handy since I can just delete them after.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
I’m pretty rigid about this, plus Kindle offers the ability to add it automatically.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
I tend to only borrow books from the library, so nope.
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
Nope. My friends don’t ask to borrow books, and if they did, I’d probably lend it because I think they’d treat it as respectfully as I do.
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book
Do people really do this?? I would never.
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
20. Sat on a book accidentally ✔
I actually just did this a couple of nights ago! It wasn’t very comfortable at all.
Final Score: 7/20
I’m on the nice list! Thank goodness, because I’m usually on the naughty list, at least when it comes to life in general, haha!
Also remember – this is all for fun. You’re not a bad person if you’re on the Naughty list.
Categories: Book Tags