I was recently nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Brooke and Kevin from Quill Quotes, to whom I am truly grateful. I was debating whether or not to post it this week or hold off for a bit, but I figured … why not? It could help bring the spotlight to some other bloggers, and amplify their voices.
Speaking of amplifying voices, you can find updated Black Lives Matter info here. It only takes a few minutes to donate, sign petitions, or learn something about the movement. Small steps CAN create change.
This tag was initially created by Okoto Enigma to find and promote bloggers who “haven’t been discovered yet.”
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Answer the questions by the person who nominated you.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me
- I was a fencer in high school and college. I learned how to fence with both hands (due to a communication issue in my first year), and eventually learned all three weapons.
- I have a bachelor’s degree in biology and a master’s degree in mental health counseling.
- I enjoy traveling, and would love to see more of the world.
Questions for me from Brooke and Kevin:
1. What is your favorite book quote?
Eek! I’m the absolute worst when it comes to remembering any quotes from books. I really need to start keeping better track of quotes.
2. Is there a movie or a series that you think is better than the book?
I’m normally a die hard books over movies/shows person, but the Lord of the Rings movies are a huge exception for me. I’ve never been able to get into the books, but I really liked the movies!
3. Besides books what do you keep on your bookshelves?
I keep photographs, candles, movies, other bookish items, and some candles on my bookshelves.
4. Do you prefer reading paperbacks, hardcovers, or e-books? Reading or audiobooks?
I prefer hardcovers, but I’ll read paperbacks and e-books too. I have nothing against audiobooks, but I personally can’t process anything when it’s read to me, so I stick with reading physical or e-books only.
5. What book got you into reading?
I honestly don’t remember. I’m told that I started reading when I was three years old, and I just never really stopped. I do remember having a favorite book when I was little called My Magic Telephone, about a little girl who uses her imagination to make phone calls, and I actually found the super-old beat up copy of it!
I’m nominating the following bloggers for the Mystery Blogger Award:
- Leelynn @ Sometimes Leelynn Reads
- El the Ninth @ Ink and Plasma
- Noura @ The Perks of Being Noura
- Dini @ DiniPandaReads
- Angela @ Hiding Behind Books
- Cielo @ Bellerose Reads
- Whitney Elizabeth @ BooksWhitMe
- Susan @ Novel Lives
- Ashley @ Red-Haired Ash Reads
- Yvonne @ The Coycaterpillar Reads
Here are my questions for you guys:
- What’s your favorite setting to read in?
- What is your favorite genre, and why is it your favorite?
- What book would you love to see made into a show or movie?
- Name an upcoming book release you are really looking forward to, and why.
- If you could take the place of a character in a book, which one would it be? Why?
I love doing tags, but especially the ones that let me open up a little more about myself and get to know you all a little better. I’m looking forward to seeing your posts!