The wonderful Riddhi has nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award this week! She’s amazing and a great blogger, so if you haven’t checked out her blog, Whispering Stories, you totally should do it now. Thanks Riddhi, I appreciate it.
- Thank the blogger/s who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select up to 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment (or pingback) on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How I started my blog:
When I stopped being able to work, I started reading a lot to fill my time. I joined book twitter, and made a bunch of friends who had book blogs, and figured “hey, I could totally do that.” So I did!
2 pieces of advice for new bloggers:
- Connect with others in the blogging community. The bonds that I’ve formed with other bloggers keep me motivated to post, and I love seeing what other people post on their blogs — it keeps me inspired and gives me ideas for new books to read!
- Schedule posts in advance. It took me a long time to figure this out, but once I did, it was so much easier to keep up with my blog. Right now, I plan out what I want to post, and do my best to schedule posts as far in advance as I can — usually at least 3-4 days, sometimes more if possible. It’s a lot less stressful than scrambling last minute to post something, and gives me the advantage of making more thoughtful and creative posts.