Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
I know I’m not the only one to do this, but I have a terrible habit of collecting books and then … not reading them. They wind up sitting on my bookshelves watching me and judging as I plow through ARCs and library books like they aren’t a thought in the back of my mind. Fortunately, I’ve been working with a friend of mine to work through our backlist titles that we own and haven’t read yet. So I have managed to check off a few, but there’s a lot more that I have been dying to read and just haven’t gotten around to yet. Here’s the top ten on my shelves:
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon — I got this book at least 3 years ago, and I’m more than a little intimidated by the length, even though I know it’s going to be worth it.
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn — I got a gorgeous signed special edition of this the month it came out, but have not managed to start it.
- The Beautiful by Renée Ahdieh — This is another book I got around 3 years ago, and can’t wait to read, but still haven’t gotten to it.
- Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin — Another one that I’ve owned for 3 years and haven’t managed to start.
- Bone Crier’s Moon by Kathryn Purdie — Despite the gorgeous signed special edition that I received the month it came out, I am ashamed to admit that it’s just sitting and looking beautiful on my shelves.
- Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim — Another signed special edition that I got the month it came out, yet haven’t found time to read.
- Star Daughter by Sheet Thakrar — Yep, you guessed it, yet another signed special edition that is just gracing my shelf.
- The Round House by Louise Erdrich — I got this at a library sale about 6 months ago, but have just been procrastinating this read.
- The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller — Special signed edition that looks beautiful, but hasn’t been opened since I got it the month it came out.
- Incendiary by Zoraida Córdova — Another signed special edition that I’ve had since the month it came out, and have been meaning to read. But haven’t for no identifiable reason.
What books were you thrilled to get but haven’t read yet?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday