Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
I’m all full of unpopular opinions lately, and one of my biggest unpopular confessions is that I truly dislike summer. It’s hot, bugs are everywhere, and traffic is so much worse. There’s so many things going on, but they’re all outside, so that just means being hot and sweaty and surrounded by other hot and sweaty people. Give me winter any day of the week.
Now that I’ve gotten all that off my chest, this week’s topic is all about book covers that feel like summer, and was submitted by Ellie @ Curiosity Killed the Bookworm. I generally don’t put too much thought into seasonal book covers, although I do find myself reading less mystery/thrillers, and more cozy mysteries and romances in the summer. Here are my top ten book covers that just scream summer:
- Those Summer Nights by Laura Silverman
- Murder at the Blueberry Festival by Darci Hannah
- The Dating Plan by Sara Desai
- A Sprinkle in Time by Dana Mentink
- Home Field Advantage by Dahlia Adler
- Once More With Chutzpah by Haley Neil
- Reckless Girls by Rachel Hawkins
- People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry
- Cold Brew Corpse by Tara Lush
- This Poison Heart by Kalynn Bayron
What are some book covers that feel like summer to you?
Categories: Top Ten Tuesday