I’ve really missed doing Friday Favorites, and since no one was currently hosting it, Cait @ Functionally Fictional decided to jump into the gap. Each week, she provides a prompt, and I get to talk about my favorite books that fit the topic. Feel free to join in – the more the merrier!
Listen, I know you’re not supposed to judge a book by the cover, but it’s hard sometimes, especially when a book cover is especially eye catching or gorgeous. And a lot of the time, a title will grab me and catch my attention. Here’s some books that I read solely based on the cover and/or title:
- The Undertaking of Hart and Mercy by Megan Bannen. The cover is beautiful and intriguing, so I had to find out more.
- Belladonna by Adalyn Grace. This is another one with a cover that was just too pretty to pass up.
- The Stardust Thief by Chelsea Abdullah. With a title like this, there was no way I was passing on a chance to read this.
- Nettle and Bone by T. Kingfisher. I didn’t know much about the book, but the title caught my attention and I found a new favorite author.
- Witch Please by Ann Aguirre. I’m a sucker for a good, punny title, and this was such an adorable book title that I was already primed to love the book.
- Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse. This cover is so stunning that I couldn’t pass up the chance to read it.
- Beasts of Prey by Ayana Gray. Have you seen this cover? It’s absolutely gorgeous and caught my attention immediately.
- Wahala by Nikki May. The title caught my attention first, because it isn’t a word that’s familiar to me, but the cover is beautiful too!
What are some books you read strictly based on the cover or the title?
Categories: Friday Favorites
OMG!!! So many beautiful covers!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Right? I’m such a sucker for a pretty cover!