I’ve really missed doing Friday Favorites, and since no one was currently hosting it, Cait @ Functionally Fictional decided to jump into the gap. Each week, she provides a prompt, and I get to talk about my favorite books that fit the topic. Feel free to join in – the more the merrier!
As soon as the calendar switches over to December, my brain automatically equates it to winter, even though the first day of winter isn’t actually until the 21st. But for some reason, my brain just doesn’t quite get it. So today’s prompt about book covers that are blue or feature snow dovetails nicely with my concept of books that offer a wintery feel. Here are some of my favorites:
- The Quicksilver Court by Melissa Caruso — this is more of a grayish blue cover, but there’s something about this that gives me winter vibes.
- Our Missing Hearts by Celeste Ng — the cool blue tones of this cover definitely fits the bill, and the story itself left me with a chill.
- Night of the Living Rez by Morgan Talty — not only do I love this book, but the stories definitely match the winter vibes of the dark blue cover.
- Drizzle, Dreams, and Lovestruck Things by Maya Prasad — this has it all, the blue cover, the snow, and a story for each season of the year.
- Written in the Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur — a blue cover with constellations and sapphic fake dating that expires on New Year’s Eve? Of course I loved it.
- A Wilderness of Stars by Shea Ernshaw — this was such a unique story, and I loved the simple, star-strewn cover.
What are some blue or snowy book covers that you love?
Categories: Friday Favorites
I love the cover for Our Missing Hearts and I still want to read it! Blue and snowy covers…. Hmmm – the snow child is a perfect fit!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Our Missing Hearts is incredible! Not my usual style, but I really loved it.